Safaricom has partnered with PayPal via TransferTo to enable Mpesa users withdraw or top up their PayPal accounts directly.
However, you have to link your PayPal to your Mpesa account to use this service.
To link the accounts;
- Go to http://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/mpesa and log in with your PayPal credentials.
- Register to the service by entering your M-Pesa mobile number and click Link Accounts.
- An SMS confirmation code will be sent to your phone, enter it and click Confirm to complete registration and link the accounts.
To Withdraw from Paypal;
- You will need to specify amount in USD and then click Continue to Withdraw.
- In the next screen you will see the amount to receive in your MPesa account in Kenya shillings. This amount is determined by current forex rates.
- You will receive a notification that the request has been received and will be processed within two hours. You will also receive the notification via SMS and email.
To top up your PayPal account via Mpesa;
- Go to your Mpesa menu and select LIPA na MPESA and then PayBill.
- Enter 800088 as the business number and your phone number as the account number.
- You will receive an SMS confirming the amount added to your PayPal balance.